The fact that I get to build something intrigues me.
What happens when a building is being designed.
How is the design important?
I want to build/design something.
Day 1 Reflections:
A) My key learning points from each session:
1) Earthquakes affect islands, which can raise and decrease it’s landmass, and also move it’s position. You can use GPS to track the moving of islands. Dead corals can be used to measure uplift of islands.
2) Traditional animation pose a heavier financial burden than 3D animation. 2D animation have beautiful art form, but have a heavier budget pressure. They are not as viable due to the high labor costs.
3) Nano particles for finger printing are a new method that mines info in fingerprints that may aid police. Nano particles can only be seen through a 10 hundred thousand/ few million x magnification.
B) New questions:
1) How does this affect countries in the center of the tectonic plates?
2) What is the difference between 2D and 3D animation, especially in art style?
3) How does this relate to me?
Day 3 Reflections:
1)Discuss how the project has deepened your understanding and broadened your awareness of the selected discipline.
The project has taught me the process of how a building is designed, and how to achieve targets set when designing a building.
2) Discuss what you understand now about this discipline that you were unaware of at the beginning.
Planning a building and actually building it are completely two different things. What may seem perfect when designing, can be completely different when building it itself.
3) Describe how you can connect what you have learned from doing this project to what you are learning at school.
I learnt how to work better in teams, and can apply this to all other group work in school.
4) Describe how you can apply what you have learned from doing this project.
I learnt how bending and buckling can affect buildings, which I can apply during the curriculum of ADMT next term.
5) At the end of the project, some new questions I have include...
Is there anything as a "perfect" building?
6) My aspirations...
My future goals are still unknown to me, but this have given me a "sneak peak", if you will, into what to expect during an undergraduate education.